A crazy idea about an electric thruster

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Promise? :D

Anyone else willing to chip in to buy BR-549 a vacuum pump? :D
I have a few old ones at work to give away as Christmas presents. Now, they just might still have a little nasty stuff in them that would melt your eyes out but the price is right.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I remember a little discussion of a related issue in my Philosophy of Science course. The example was the 1st law of thermodynamics and how it doesn't require local adherence. Energy can appear in one corner of the universe as long as it disappears from some other corner. That would not break the law, despite our feeble minds having no mechanism to make it happen.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
We see this all the time, both with energy and with entropy. A snowflake has far more order than a clump of ice consisting of the same amount of water at the same temperature, yet we can take the ice and produce a snowflake. A plant has far more order than the constituent substances did before they became the plant. Similarly, the wood from a tree has far more energy than did the substances that made it up. None of this violates the laws of thermodynamics in any way, since they all stipulate that they apply to a closed system.

ZhixianLin

Joined Dec 7, 2015
Interesting. But you can't even build a simple model? It looks like all you have described is just an antenna. No propulsion.
Somebody think what I design is just a antenna, that is completely misunderstood. So I have to come back here and modify the pictures to avoid the misunderstanding. I will not explain because you don't want to listen. If you want to laugh, then I congratulate that you can continue now, but just this.
left-half-cycle.png
right-half-cycle.png

Attachments

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
I have to come back here and modify the pictures to avoid the misunderstanding. I will not explain because you don't want to listen.
I don't get it. You want to clarify, but then you say you don't want to explain... also, you have not yet told us if you're here to teach, to learn, or simply to share

And I'm not laughing, by the way...