A crazy idea about an electric thruster

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
"But we know that electromagnetic field also has momentum, if we consider the electromagnetic field momentum, then momentum is still conserved. "

I'm out.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Because it is not synchronized, I think. Synchronize the charge and the electromagnetic wave electric field is the key of my design.
Think about what happens to the electromagnetic wave as it travels in the chamber after the instant of first radiation. If the chamber is resonant (to be synchronized) we have a set of standing waves at various nodes. The effect is the same as you sitting inside a car pressing/pulling (Radiation Pressure) the dashboard at various points while sitting in the front seat. Does the car move down the street?

Last edited:

ZhixianLin

Joined Dec 7, 2015
"But we know that electromagnetic field also has momentum, if we consider the electromagnetic field momentum, then momentum is still conserved. "

I'm out.
I have to acknowledgment the momentum is not conserved if it works. My description maybe wrong, but the calculations should be OK.

ZhixianLin

Joined Dec 7, 2015
Think about what happens to the electromagnetic wave as it travels in the chamber after the instant of first radiation. If the chamber is resonant (to be synchronized) we have a set of standing waves at various nodes. The effect is the same as you sitting inside a car pressing (Radiation Pressure) the dashboard at various points while setting in the seat. Does the car move down the street?
Do you mean the wave from the metal panel and the wave from the source create a set of standing waves at various nodes? But If we do not use the metal panel, just put a still charged object on the wave propagation path. In half a cycle, the electric field force does not change. So at least, the charged object will move in half a cycle.

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
without mass, the electric field can not move anything. a static electric field can move real light objects. has anyone ever seen a directional antenna move when the transmitter is turned on? the only time I have seen an antenna move (except from wind) is with very high power causing heating.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
During the development of the atomic bomb, engineers were sent to surrounding bars, around Los Alamos, to talk about how they were building electric rocket engines as a dis-information strategy.
If it didn't start with ... This is no shit ... It probably was a ruse for them to get laid.