A Cooling System

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by julioissk84life, Dec 14, 2009.

1. julioissk84life

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Well i am getting a Xbox 360 and im pretty sure we are all aware of the cooling rrod problems. So i am makeing my own cooling system with4 120 MM led fans. But i know nothin about electronics like resitors and stuff. So i want to powe these for fans for the wall. SO if i could have like a schematic. I guess would need so wire solder and resitors and tranforments to power the fans.
    Model No. CF12SL-4C
    Material Transparent PU plastic Color transparent (clear)
    Dimension 120 x 120 x 25 mm
    Fan Speed 1500 ± 10% RPM Air Power 12 VDC
    Noise Level 24.7 dBA Operation Voltage Range 10.8 VDC ~ 13.2 VDC
    Start-up Voltage 6 VDC
    Rated Voltage 12 VDC
    Rated Current 0.25 A
    Lock Rotor Current 0.25 A
    Air Flow 57.67 CFM
    Static Air Pressure 1.66mm-H2O Connector 4 pin

This is the specs for the fans btw thansk for the help

2. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    Here's one option you could use for a power supply:
    http://www.mpja.com/prodinfo.asp?number=17267+PD
    12VDC, 1A unregulated. That'll be fine for fans. Inexpensive, too.

Just connect up all 4 of your fans in parallel, connect them to the "wall wart" power supply, and plug it in the wall. You'll need to figure out using a volt meter which lead from the wall wart is positive and which is negative - or just connect the fans up and see if it spins in the right direction. If not, reverse the connections from the wall wart.

3. Paragon

Dec 8, 2009
    Most if not all wallwart should have a little diagram indicating the polarity of the plug

either center negative

(+) ----C•---- (-)

or center positive

(-) ----C•---- (+)
    Make sure you use DC. You can also use an old computer power supply (wont be pretty unless you make a box for it) but you would have the ability to run at 12V (+12 and ground) or 7V (+12 and +5) to run the fans at a lower voltage to make them quieter.

4 fans seem a tad overkill - I have 2 80mm in my computer case I have running at 7V. adn a few others. I made a fanbus for the front of the case. 6 switches to switch from 7V-OFF-12V so I can adjust how much cooling I need (and how much noise I want to deal with)