A challenge for Audioguru

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
Hi Tom66. OPA2134s are excellent in the preamp stage, and honestly, I can't hear 0.00008% distortion. Not even 0.001% distortion. That's good when you use many of them.

Now about the fact that I use the information on the datasheets. As I said, the TDA2009 doesn't leave room for improvement. On Taurus, revision A, though I made the circuitry by the concept, I required some help from diyaudio. I never said I was an expert. Indeed, some values match the ones on the LM4780, mainly because I wanted an RC constant near 50ms, as they advised me. Mere coincidence, or perhaps not, because NS engineers wanted the same. 50ms is normal on most AC coupled amplifiers. That's an example.Even when I try to reinvent the wheel, I end up having the same conclusions.

And yes, there is a lot of my design on Minimus. The concept is practically my creation, except for the TDA2009 feedback network and the LM1036 control circuitry (and even there I made some improvements). The PCB design is all mine for sure.

No one has ideas on isolation. I never had.

Good, CUM came back.
I would appreciate if you try NOT to use that vulgar term. My initials are cume, not cum. Oh and Spanish is no way near Portuguese, as they are different like German and English. And another suggestion, if you are not willing to help or give suggestions of improvement, don't post.

@cumesoft

For what it's worth, I never connected anything AG said as reducing the value of your posts. It is easy for me to think, "It's just an opinion", and I find AG to be opinionated, but luckily, I am amused by it. When he's helpful, he's REALLY helpful. When he's ranting, I just smile. I'm afraid my feelings would change if he ridiculed me. I make mistakes regularly and would be a good target. I ask you all to be forgiving of mistakes. We all make mistakes.
I think the same too. But if he is not willing to help, he is not useful. I'm really tired of his ranting, and not just here, on AAC.

Last edited by a moderator:

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
You must be doing something special we don't hear that much from you,tell us more
and show some picture on the post-Post your pictures on( show your pictures one by one the longest running post) always good to hear from you,we need to know more about your country by pictures. The water,the mountains out door cafes and all.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Just a note of thanks. I have a musician friend that I measured at 23,000 Hz. I never told anybody before because "The Authorities" say it can't be done. I'm glad to hear somebody else say it is possible.

When I was 20, I could hear the 15,750 horizontal frequency in a television, now I can't. This doesn't seem to bother me except that I have to borrow people to test my audio designs. Hey, that's what friends are for.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
When I was younger I used to be able to hear high frequencies. It is long gone, but I have no trouble believing it.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
When I was young, all my friends and I could hear the 15,750 horizontal oscillator in TVs.
I burned out a tweeter by blasting 22kHz into it out a window and seeing (hearing) how many blocks away I could still hear it. Nobody else noticed it.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Yeh, I remember all my friends telling me my audio cassette tapes were noisy, with or without Dolby B. I couldn't hear a thing. Now I am deaf in one ear and half deaf in the other. Can't hear a thing above 3KHz. Can't hear my kids or wife most of the times. Sometimes that can be a good thing. Silence is golden.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
I can't hear my (adult) kids when they use the horrible-sounding speakerphone on their expensive cell phones. Instead I hear my own echo and hear strange animal groaning sounds that are extremely loud and distorted. Frequently their sound is all chopped up. If they have any background noise then they can't hear me (half-duplex).

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I can't hear my (adult) kids when they use the horrible-sounding speakerphone on their expensive cell phones. Instead I hear my own echo and hear strange animal groaning sounds that are extremely loud and distorted. Frequently their sound is all chopped up. If they have any background noise then they can't hear me (half-duplex).
Thus the popularity of texting.

BillO

Joined Nov 24, 2008
Hi Tom66.
When I was a teenager I could hear 25kHz ultrasonic burlar detectors loud and clear in museums and concert halls. They didn't bother turning them off in the daytime because "nobody" can hear them.
Me too! People thought I was nuts when I complained that their alarm systems were giving me a headache. I remember once being in a Consumers Distributing store on Dundas in Mississauga (remember those?) and their alarm was deafening. I complained to the on-duty manager who told me the alarm was off. I asked him to pleas check or I would leave, and a few seconds after he went into the back the noise stopped. He appologised and said, yes it was still on and just switched to "suppress alarm" mode, or some such thing. Luckily I had my wife-to-be and 2 of my best friends with me. Vindication at last!!!

I was no longer considered a kook after that.

Now though, my top end peters out around 10K. I used to be an ardent swimmer, but ended up with severe ear infections in both ears in my early 30's. Now, alarm systems no longer bother me. Neither do the nuances of a fine orchestral recording:mad:

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Hi BillO,
I am also in Mississauga near Erin Mills Parkway and Folkway Drive.
Today I like POP music but when I was young I liked classical music until I heard them all and got tired of hearing the same music over and over and over and over ....

My grandfather was the conductor of the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra so maybe I got my love of music (and high fidelity) and maybe my hearing from him.

We should get together.

BillO

Joined Nov 24, 2008
Hi BillO,
I am also in Mississauga near Erin Mills Parkway and Folkway Drive.
Today I like POP music but when I was young I liked classical music until I heard them all and got tired of hearing the same music over and over and over and over ....

My grandfather was the conductor of the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra so maybe I got my love of music (and high fidelity) and maybe my hearing from him.

We should get together.
Hi Audioguru,

I no longer live in Mississauga. Not since about 22 years ago. I'm about 4 hours north now.

Did you ever work in one of the studios around Toronto? I had some time in at Film House and Mirrophonic Sound back in the late 70s and early 80s as a technician.

Those were simpler times.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Hi Audioguru,

I no longer live in Mississauga. Not since about 22 years ago. I'm about 4 hours north now.

Did you ever work in one of the studios around Toronto? I had some time in at Film House and Mirrophonic Sound back in the late 70s and early 80s as a technician.

Those were simpler times.
Hi BillO,
The only studios I worked at were the TV studios at CBC and CTV where I helped them with giving and taking sounds to/from a speakerphone.