a bit of help required

naughtyisha

Joined Mar 18, 2009
hi people.... well m having a problem designing a power supply m building a +-15v supply.... n m not getting the proper output wat i m getin is +6.5 and -7.5 m presently using a transformer of 12-0-12 do i need to use a transformer of higher rating like 20-0-20..... m unable to get wat the problem is ... can anyone help????

naughtyisha

Joined Mar 18, 2009
ohkies.... heres from whr i got the circuit... and here the transformer rating is 12-0-12..... but not getting the desired output..... and further i have to use this supply for a first order high pass filter.. which involves use of opamp.... so help me out heres giving the schematic....

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
The filtered output from the transformer is just barely able to source the regulators under ideal conditions. This is a very "optimistic" circuit. If your line voltage is low, then the transformer output will be too low - which sounds like your problem.

What voltages are on the 2200 uF capacitors? If it's under 16.8, the regulators won't work.

The fastest and least expensive fix would be to substitute 7812 and 7912 regulators. Most analog circuits can operate with lower voltages.