A Better Color Organ

iimagine

Joined Dec 20, 2010
The aim is to reduce flickering, smoother transition between low and high level of brightness of an LED, and to consume lowest power as possible.

No more flickering! You would have to look at the attachment and see for yourself.

Yellow line is taken at C1; Red at C2 and Green is the final output

There is a little improvement to the circuit I wish to make: To increase the level of brightness of general bass kicking. I have not yet come up with any idea, perhaps you could help.

The amplification part could be replaced by a cheapo low power, low quiescent current consumption single supply op amp that i have no idea if it even exists! Can anyone suggest an ideal op amp?

Note:
The reason I'm posting this as a new thread because this does not involve a PWM driver, and It'll just use a single bjt to drive LED, bulb or whatever.

Attachments

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013
The aim is to reduce flickering, smoother transition between low and high level of brightness of an LED, and to consume lowest power as possible.

No more flickering! You would have to look at the attachment and see for yourself.

Yellow line is taken at C1; Red at C2 and Green is the final output

There is a little improvement to the circuit I wish to make: To increase the level of brightness of general bass kicking. I have not yet come up with any idea, perhaps you could help.

The amplification part could be replaced by a cheapo low power, low quiescent current consumption single supply op amp that i have no idea if it even exists! Can anyone suggest an ideal op amp?

Note:
The reason I'm posting this as a new thread because this does not involve a PWM driver, and It'll just use a single bjt to drive LED, bulb or whatever.
Good Job and keep up the good work..
:):)

iimagine

Joined Dec 20, 2010
Does anyone know of a cheap, single supple, low voltage Sample and Hold IC? Or a better discrete method? As this is only for LED show, theres no need for accuracy. Please share