???

tvtech

Joined Mar 18, 2012
This is what that has worried me for a while. It started before Eric and the drama there.

Fundamental issues. I cant explain it. I dunno. Like evil at work that would like ETO destroyed first and then AAC to follow....

Stand strong and eat the Devil.

Dramatic..no.

Before everyone gangs up on me, please think about what I have said. I don't care if I am liked or disliked here. I have nothing to prove.

All the best,
tvtech

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I do not accept that the devil or powers that be makes members act uncivil. Take responsibility of your (plural) actions.

As post #161, I didn't delete it because I want to make a point about it.

@tvtech,
Saying that evil powers corrupt members into fighting is as nonconstructive as comments can be.
Despite being in the Off-Topic section, this thread has a very specific purpose, as I mentioned in my previous post.
It is also a very serious purpose and I will not let this thread be taken lightly. This isn't the place where people find the opportunity to throw half-jokes, half-insults and go unpunished.

If your future posts in this thread are without merit, I will start deleting them.

tvtech

Joined Mar 18, 2012
And Guys what makes me really sad is that ETO has to air grievances here on another forum so that a Moderator from that Forum can take care of stuff..

It is bad.

ETO is far from healed yet.

Regards,
tvtech

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
ETO didn't get to where it was in one day and it's not going not fix itself in one day either. :(

I for one have started stepping up my participation over there where ever I can find a topic I can work with. ;)

I for one like the better defined rules and the addition of junior moderators. I think it was a good step towards accommodating more people more fairly. :)

As far as the AAC and ETO differences I don't see that AAC is trying to run ETO out of business. I see and agree with the general opinion of them being more like sister sites. Similar goals but slightly different approaches.

If AAC was trying to take over ETO well I think it sort of worked. I mean I see active member names here I have not seen other for a year of more and they all seem to have the same view of what went wrong over there.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
This is what that has worried me for a while. It started before Eric and the drama there.

Fundamental issues. I cant explain it. I dunno. Like evil at work that would like ETO destroyed first and then AAC to follow....

Stand strong and eat the Devil.

Dramatic..no.
The issue is evil wasn't dealt with. It was allowed to flourish, and it ravaged the community in the end. The members who stepped up and tried to get site management involved got nothing more than a kick in the teeth for their efforts by a site management who's attitude was, "don't tell us how to run our site." People who complained were threatened to be banned. Good site members who became moderators either were corrupted by the existing management or neutered by the site owner. One way on another, the new moderators were ineffective at stopping the evil. I don't know what happened to Eric, but I suspect the trolls, who seemed to be the only members heard by site management, got him kicked off.

The issue was never rules that were unclear. They were clear enough. It was the rules were never enforced. Unclear rules were a convenient excuse for members who didn't want to abide by them. I'm not buying that rewriting the rules are going to fix the site.

I hope some of the old site's moderators are reading. This level of honesty would result in nothing more than a swift ban if conveyed on the site. That is, if written by a non-troll. At least I can be honest and truthful and I hope they take it to heart.

tvtech

Joined Mar 18, 2012
The issue is evil wasn't dealt with. It was allowed to flourish, and it ravaged the community in the end. The members who stepped up and tried to get site management involved got nothing more than a kick in the teeth for their efforts by a site management who's attitude was, "don't tell us how to run our site." People who complained were threatened to be banned. Good site members who became moderators either were corrupted by the existing management or neutered by the site owner. One way on another, the new moderators were ineffective at stopping the evil. I don't know what happened to Eric, but I suspect the trolls, who seemed to be the only members heard by site management, got him kicked off.

The issue was never rules that were unclear. They were clear enough. It was the rules were never enforced. Unclear rules were a convenient excuse for members who didn't want to abide by them. I'm not buying that rewriting the rules are going to fix the site.

I hope some of the old site's moderators are reading. This level of honesty would result in nothing more than a swift ban if conveyed on the site. That is, if written by a non-troll. At least I can be honest and truthful and I hope they take it to heart.
Thank you Danny. You have said it all. Keep in touch.

But you know what...as a tvtech I would only respond to CRT related problems. Or EHT issues.

Or have a bit of fun on OT. Never mind though.We ultimately know what we know. Me, I am over Forums and all. I have never relied on the Internet for knowledge...I rather give than take...

Everything I know I acquired through my own hard work.......and I was prepared to share all with those who would listen and learn. LOL.

Not sit and argue with clever kids who want all delivered on a Platter.

In a nutshell, over Forums. Period

Let them learn and find out the hard way. LOL. Surely they will survive?

tvtech

Last edited:

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Not sit and argue with clever kids who want all delivered on a Platter.

In a nutshell, over Forums. Period

Let them learn and find out the hard way. LOL.
I started to share a lifetime of experience with new and aspiring electronics participants. But I'm getting over that too.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I'd rather see people sharing their knowlege and experiences willingly to mentor, tutor, and assist than do so freely. The recipient needs to make a payment using the currency called sweat equity.

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
I'd rather see people sharing their knowlege and experiences willingly to mentor, tutor, and assist than do so freely. The recipient needs to make a payment using the currency called sweat equity.
I generally refuse to answer any post where the OP is asking why his 555 circuit doesn't work in the simulation when it is a circuit that could have been built on a proto board in about 30 seconds.

I don't want to contribute to raising a generation of EE's who have never seen an actual circuit board.