???

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
I am also member in a technical forum that require an invitation to be member. I am not very active on ETO, member with zero postings perhaps. But from what I have read here. The mods at ETO seam to altarboys compared to the mods I know from my other forum.
Then it comes to this forum. I am still disapointed that a now banned member was allowed to pick on members from the third world Asia and Middle east for a very long time(years), for no reason. I hope we never will see anything like this again on this forum

Last edited:

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Banning Audioguru was one of the most difficult decisions the current moderating team had to take.

No one can deny his huge contribution to the AAC knowledge pool.

For months we where trying to compare his contribution with his offenses; Every now and then he would start offending Chinese (or relevant eastwards) people and products out of the blue. We would try to bring him back on track with PMs, warnings and even short bans. He would comply and not complain at all. Then, the cycle would begin again a few weeks later.

In the end, his offenses tipped the scale towards a ban. His name is still brought up sometimes in mod discussions, each time to remind what an asset AAC lost and how awkward all of us felt when we hit the red button.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
At least you gave fair weighting during review.

There was a site I was an active member on some time ago that had the site admin make such a fool of himself over a dumb debate with me that his only response was an all out ban and deletion of everything I had done on that site with the highest of prejudice.

My official ban reason was that I broke the racism rule because I said that I feel that too many pro sports people are overpaid. :confused:

That site is about dead now and to be honest once all indication of my presence had been cleared there were way too many threads that made no sense plus it really did make him look like a even bigger childish fool that what his own arguments left him looking like. :D

Last edited:

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
My official ban reason was that I broke the racism rule because I said that I feel that too many pro sports people are overpaid. :confused:
What's funny is I think anyone would agree with you? Where do these people come from anyway.

Watching Sports is a waist of time, but playing sports is another story.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Well obviously he didn't! :D

Drop kicked me and everything related to me faster than I could put a reply in linking to a definition of racism. :p

Joined Nov 30, 2010
You seem to be a fan of Groucho Marx. I can't make a fool of you, you have to do that for your self. The most I can do is draw attention to it.:D

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
You seem to be a fan of Groucho Marx. I can't make a fool of you, you have to do that for your self. The most I can do is draw attention to it.
I ran into that problem with a few of my worst managers at previous jobs over the years. No matter what I did there was no way I could set them up to make themselves look any stupider or petty than they did themselves.

In a way I learned the meaning of "The only reason I come to work to see what happens next!" :p

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
We should start a separate thread about stories of incidents about the dumb things done by moderators at other forums...... I know I could write a book.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I'm against it.
I would feel petty if I did that as a project.
You might notice that I said nothing about my difficulties at ETO unless I was asked.
As grrr angry as I felt about them, this is not the place to slander people that can not defend themselves (or their behavior).:D

Still, it's only my opinion, and sometimes I'm wrong.:rolleyes:

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I might have to check out ETO. Sounds like a regular soap opera over there. Maybe I'll go do some fly-by trolling. Apparently I'll get away with it. Spice things up a bit. I'm not getting my needed dose of drama here.

[/sarcasm]

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
I'm so old that I remember way back in the 60's the popular bumper sticker said:

QUESTION AUTHORITY

Then after a while, some wise arse Nixon lovers came up with a bumper sticker that said:

QUESTION AUTHORITY..... then do what the authority tells you.

Needless to say, I never in my life have done what authorities tell me.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
We should start a separate thread about stories of incidents about the dumb things done by moderators at other forums...... I know I could write a book.
Please don't.

This thread was started to help ETO members organize themselves and help the forum. Not to talk about moderator practices as if they where former employers.

My main argument is that we would be trashing them without them even knowing about it. This just doesn't feel right.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
This thread was started to help ETO members organize themselves and help the forum. Not to talk about moderator practices as if they where former employers.
That's okay. Depending on who you ask or what 'group' you belong to things are going great or terrible on the one thread.

To me 300+ posts and nearly 4000 views in only a few days suggests it's obviously worth some peoples time to hash things out on.

Heck I think that alone almost tops the total posts and views the whole site sees for some days or longer. :rolleyes:

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Please don't.

My main argument is that we would be trashing them without them even knowing about it. This just doesn't feel right.
I know the feeling: like when I was banned from the Electro Tech forum as a "spammer" for no reason and then couldn't even log into the forum to find out why I had been banned. It certainly is unfair to trash somebody without cause.

I'm not sure posting the truth ever qualifies as "trashing" anybody or anything, I am one of those old dinosaurs who believes that the truth is the kind of sunshine that burns up the rotten mold wherever it hits....

But as you can see, nobody has started a thread about moderator misconduct here so there is no need to worry that anybody has been unfairly maligned.

I just stated a fact that I had been banned over at Electro Tech since it is already known here: I had to ask a poster here (whom I had also seen posting there) to go there and find out why I had been banned since I could no longer get into their site. I never got a straight answer from them, the latest excuse I heard third hand was it was some kind of software error. If I had gotten an apology promptly, I would have said "no problem" and still be a member there. I did not, so I am not.

Ironically, the poster here who did that favor for me was Audioguru who is now banned here.

Anyway, I don't think anybody has been unfairly trashed and nobody's running a thread about moderators.

Last edited:

Mike2545

Joined Mar 26, 2009
I have been a member of both sites for some time now...mostly reading in the background, More active on ETO chat...I was just made aware of all the drama going on and still don't fully grasp it all...I hope ETO and AAC can remain good sources for like minded individuals to find info and help with their endeavors.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I have been a member of both sites for some time now...mostly reading in the background, More active on ETO chat...I was just made aware of all the drama going on and still don't fully grasp it all...I hope ETO and AAC can remain good sources for like minded individuals to find info and help with their endeavors.
Hiya Mike, good to see you! Long time no chat!

The entire point of the drama was to bring into view what many members felt was unjust moderation and the need for clearer, better-defined rules to allow certain members (some of whom have been labeled "troublemakers" for little to no reason) to be able to understand them more thoroughly. It's to allow people to see the line, and know not to cross it.

I don't think ETO or AAC are going to suffer at all. I actually think ETO can gain a lot form the thread over there, and once things clear up it'll be stronger than ever. I'm hoping to return to ETO when things settle down over there, we'll see what happens.

Regards,
Matt

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012
"I'm not sure posting the truth ever qualifies as "trashing" anybody or anything, I am one of those old dinosaurs who believes that the truth is the kind of sunshine that burns up the rotten mold wherever it hits...."

I'll back you up on that, Bounty Hunter.

The World would be a better place, if people could be brutally honest up front, instead of sneaking around behind others' backs.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
"I'm not sure posting the truth ever qualifies as "trashing" anybody or anything, I am one of those old dinosaurs who believes that the truth is the kind of sunshine that burns up the rotten mold wherever it hits...."

I'll back you up on that, Bounty Hunter.

The World would be a better place, if people could be brutally honest up front, instead of sneaking around behind others' backs.
Similar sentiments here as well.

The interesting thing with the ETO thread is oddly the people most known over there for causing trouble and the like are the very people who are holding the least grudges and doing the least amount of bashing.

They got their words out and left them behind then started working towards improvements. :cool:

The ones who are still fussing are not the ones I expected to see it from. :confused: