8x8 LED matrix update

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by fghia002, Aug 23, 2014.

1. fghia002

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Hi guys, this is my 1st post on this forum so if this is not the right place to post my question, apologies. I am using an ATmega1284 microcontroller and coding on AVR studious.

So I have 3 synch SM that write to my LED matrix with periods of 50, 100 and 125 ms. In each of these SM, I store the column and row values into 2 dummy variables I created.
    I created 2 other tick functions. These tick functions are executing at 1 ms. One tick function has a for loop that constantly updates my array with the dummy variables from the 3 other synch SM. Than the other tick function equals PORTx and PORTy to those arrays. For some reason, this isn't updating the field (i.e. my LED matrix is blinking on and off and isn't stable). Can anyone give me some suggestions? Thank you.
  2. pwdixon

Oct 11, 2012
    I suggest posting the code and a schematic
  3. shteii01

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2010
    Things happening too fast. Try doing your thing with large delay to make sure that the thing works right in the first place. If it does, start reducing delays until you run into a problem.