8051 project

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by bluegreen, Oct 26, 2009.

1. bluegreen

Thread Starter Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Ok i have to simulate a toll booth. Whenever a vehicle passes the booth, I need to increment the count by 1. Also depending on the type of vehicle, I need to collect the appropriate fare. I have to compulsorily use 7 seg dispalys to display both the no of vehicles that have passed the booth as well as the fare collected. Lets say we categorise the vehicles as two wheelers, cars and trucks. I collect a different amount for each type. I plan to use 6 seven segment displays. 4 for the total fare and the remaining 2 for the vehicle count. Lets say I use a microcontroller and I reserve 3 port pins to distinguish the type of vehicle. The user has to choose the vehicle type and he does so by pulling one of the pins high. As soon as that happens the controller increments the vehicle count by 1 and depending on the port pin chosen increments the total fare count by an appropriate value. Any schematics, suggestions and assembly language code would be appreciated.(I am using 8051). Any alternate plans would be appreciated too. I need to get a working model by the end of the day.
    Thanks in advance

2. blueroomelectronics

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 22, 2007
    Wow, and all by the end of the day.

3. bluegreen

Thread Starter Member

Jul 22, 2009
    yeah thats why I need a quick response from someone who may have done something similar recently.

4. StayatHomeElectronics

Sep 25, 2008
    If you have schematics you have started and assembly code that you have written and are in need of assistance, post your work and people will gladly look over it. People do not typically hand out completed projects.

Your looming deadline will make it difficult for people to help, as members are in and out of the boards throughout the day.

5. blueroomelectronics

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 22, 2007
    Aren't you expected to do your own homework assignments?

6. bluegreen

Thread Starter Member

Jul 22, 2009
    It is not a homework assignment.Ok I dont think I will post the schematics but I will post what I have in mind. I will probably use port 2 pins for the 6 seven seg displays. I will then use a BJT to select the display. (port3.0 to port 3.6). Remaining pins I will connect to switches which will pull the respective pin high when pressed. I was supposed to complete this yesterday so I was wondering if someone could post a schematic or something. Anyway are there better ways to acheive this. Maybe use 7447 etc. Thanks in advance

7. blueroomelectronics

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 22, 2007
    It's not a homework assignment and you need it by the end of the day? Why?

8. bluegreen

Thread Starter Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Someone needed it for a school project

9. blueroomelectronics

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 22, 2007
    I guess they missed their deadline.