8051 for a novice

bingott

Joined Nov 9, 2010
Hello!
Thanks for visiting.
The first question is easy (for sure because it seems so), but still the most difficult for a novice.
The thing is that a 2 motors need to be run through 2 H-Bridges. The idea is to run them for some specific amount of time, say a total of 3 minutes, 1st minute with a duty cycle of 25% then with 35% then with 65%. Or simply to test the working of programming, motors, and Circuits by running them for 3 minutes at different speeds.
What is required is Pin configuration and programming code (in C++ or Assembly or both).
Thank you for your help in advance.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Are you required to use the 8051?

Most around here use the Microchip PIC or Atmel AVR series of controllers.

I believe we can help you if you have the compiler for the 8051 and are generally familiar with it's I/O, as well as circuits in general.

Do you have a schematic of what you would like to get done?

Is this for a homework assignment, where you are working with an 8051 Dev Board?

bingott

Joined Nov 9, 2010
- Yes upto an extent this is a college project, but without any basic teaching of any electronics concept. Although 8051 is quite old, but in a country like this, with such dumb people, this is the best they could come up with.
- Help is required both with the pin configuration (I/O) and programming, compiler does not matter.
- There is not much of any schematic, just that microcontroller gives command to the H-Nridge in form of PWM which in turns defines the speed of the motor. This command of PWM is all programming, like the amount of time for say 50% duty cycle.
- The header file usually used is regi51.h.