72 & 110 vdc regulator

IKCTRAJAN

Joined Jan 6, 2016
i have made 24 vdc regulator to get 24 vdc regulated output with the help of ic LM7824.
how can i make regulator for 72 vdc & 110 vdc?

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
I was about to suggest the TL783 too -a wonderful high voltage solution, then I re-noticed the input voltage (230 VAC), which would be a problem. Also, the current is pretty high for such a large input to output differential, meaning hundreds of watts would be lost in dissipation.

That brings us to a switching power supply. One of the better choices for this kind of power level is the LinkSwitch line from Power Integrations.

https://ac-dc.power.com/products/product-archive/linkswitch/

I would consider breaking the project up into two separate power supplies, particularly if the outputs are to be isolated from theline or ground, unless you have a very strong transformer design background.

IKCTRAJAN

Joined Jan 6, 2016
I was about to suggest the TL783 too -a wonderful high voltage solution, then I re-noticed the input voltage (230 VAC), which would be a problem. Also, the current is pretty high for such a large input to output differential, meaning hundreds of watts would be lost in dissipation.

That brings us to a switching power supply. One of the better choices for this kind of power level is the LinkSwitch line from Power Integrations.

https://ac-dc.power.com/products/product-archive/linkswitch/

I would consider breaking the project up into two separate power supplies, particularly if the outputs are to be isolated from theline or ground, unless you have a very strong transformer design background.
pl. clear that i have already 0-230 vdc 4amp. capacitor input (pai) filter variable power supply.
so any circuit which can give me require results ie 72 vdc - 3 amp.& 110 vdc - 4 amp in connection to output of my existing variable dc power supply with short circuit & over load protection will also do.

IKCTRAJAN

Joined Jan 6, 2016
See attachment.
in ur suggestion current seems to very low. pl. clear that i have already 0-230 vdc 4amp. capacitor input (pai) filter variable power supply.
so any circuit which can give me require results ie 72 vdc - 3 amp.& 110 vdc - 4 amp in connection to output of my existing variable dc power supply with short circuit & over load protection will also do.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
I am sorry for referring you to the wrong family. Power Integrations' HiperTFS-2 is capable of 568 Watts peak power.
https://ac-dc.power.com/products/hiper-family/hipertfs-2/

Power Integration's website is no longer easy to navigate. Here is their product selection chart.

The voltage available is lower than what they usually use for offline power supplies, so the maximum power output will be limited. I won't do the math for you, but at least you can take that into account while evaluating their chips.

There are lots of other ways to make a buck converter, but if you can make a Power Integrations integrated power supply solution work, it will make your life a whole lot simpler.