7 segment display

LKS

Joined Nov 7, 2008
Hi I have view the Chapter 7 digital IC 7 segment display.

I actually wanted a simplify 3 digit display as in the queue number large display. Was thinking of using the calculator as key pad and tap the last 3 digit display to a box with 3 large 7 segment display. Can allabout circuit give me some tips. Thanks

LKS

Joined Nov 7, 2008
I actually wanted a simplify 3 digit. display as in the queue number large display. Was thinking of using the calculator as key pad and tap the last 3 digit display to a box with 3 large 7 segment display. Can allabout circuit give me some tips. Thanks

Can anyone help please. Waited for weeks for help

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Perhaps you could state more clearly what you are having problems with? Making an arbitrarily large display with discrete LED's is reasonable simple.

However, the interpretation of -
simplify 3 digit display as in the queue number large display. Was thinking of using the calculator as key pad and tap the last 3 digit display
- is difficult. This needs to be expanded and explained considerably. Things such as: what queue and what calculator? How large is "large"?

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
I *think* our OP wants a 3-digit 7-segment display to manage the queue at some kind of shop perhaps, where a customer would take a ticket with a number printed on it, and then wait for their number to come up on the display.

Having a numeric keypad would make the logic function considerably more complex. Just a couple of buttons to increment or decrement the display would be considerably easier to implement.

The easiest solution parts-wise would be a microcontroller, but the learning curve would be rather steep for the programming end.