7-Segment display with flip flop

Darknight7

Joined May 21, 2012
Here is the question we need help to design the circuit If you help us we will be pleased:

Design a circuit which display the letters A through J on a seven-segment
indicators. The circuit has three inputs X2-X1-X0 which represents the last
3 bits of the ASCII code for the letter to be displayed. For example, if
X2X1X0 = 000, ”A” will be displayed. The letters should be displayed in
the following form:

A-b-C-d-E-F-g-H

Try to minimize the number of gates required. The circuits which implement
only using NOR gates and inverters.

How should we design the circuit by using pspice or multimedia logic programme. We have been researching for flip flop however we do not know how to connect them with eachother

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Why do you need a flip-flop?
Your instructions say to use NOR and NOT gates.
This is a 4-bit to 7-bit encoder. Draw the truth-table first.

Darknight7

Joined May 21, 2012
Thank you. We need flip flop because; the given information is that "Design a 3 bit binary counter which works the frequency at 1 Hz. Thus, your
counter will count once per second. You can use T, D or J-K flip-flop considering
synchronous or asynchronous design"
Therefore we need it; we also draw a trurth table;
I will upload it. A few minutes later...

Darknight7

Joined May 21, 2012
Because we will use 3 bit binary counter therefore we won't take them..so have you got any idea we designed a circuit by using multimedia logic programme however our outputs are wrong only "g" and "b" is true. but we could not design a JK flip flop in the programme not yet. I think we need the circuit diagram of the project. Becasue our four design is wrong. We have been trying to develop the diagram.

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
here is the truth table..
I am a beginner in Boolean Algebra. This is an exercise for me to use Truth table, Demorgan and boolean algebra to generate a schematics. For the "G" pattern I used Qwazzerman's suggestion.

I am not sure they are in the simplest term or not..:D The pulses are coming from a 4510 Up/Down counter. I will do the logic gates version later..

Attachments

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
This is homework, as far as I can tell, so I have moved it to the Homework forum.

Mr. Chips has give you some good advice. At this point you need to write the Boolean expression for each segment, all seven of them, and simplify.

ABSF: it is very poor form to give the answer directly, better to show the OP how to solve for themselves.