7 Segment Display Help

syee10

Joined Mar 26, 2010
Hi all,

I am designing a four digit 7 segment display just using IC 74LS90 decade counter and 74LS47 BCD to 7 segment driver. My question is how to link the 74LS90 decade counter together so that the four 7 segment display will show me the result?

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Did you have a look in both the datasheets?

You need to connect the A - D of the 7490 to the A - D of the 7447.
The 7 seg display must be connected at the a - f segment outputs of the 7447 with a 330 or 470 Ohms resistor in series to the respective segments of the display.

Bertus

Attachments

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
Hi all,

I am designing a four digit 7 segment display just using IC 74LS90 decade counter and 74LS47 BCD to 7 segment driver. My question is how to link the 74LS90 decade counter together so that the four 7 segment display will show me the result?
For 4 digits you're going to need 4 of each IC and the logic involved in driving the ICs such that the output will make any sense.

This is the basic building block for the display driver part:
http://www.aaroncake.net/circuits/counter.asp?showcomments=all

later down is a question as to how to gang them.

syee10

Joined Mar 26, 2010
Is the circuit in the attached Figure working? I want to get an electrical energy (kWh) output so i need a decade counter in the circuit. The input is the output frequency from VFC LM131, and i am using 74ls90 and 74ls47 and 7 segment display.

Attachments

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Tht does not work tht way, seems to me it is a counter.

To measure KWH, u need a decade counter ?

Do u know what a decade counter is?

syee10

Joined Mar 26, 2010
I am just referring to an article that this connection is used to display the electrical energy. The input to the counter is an equivalent frequency coming out from the voltage to frequency converter VFC. I just want to know is this connection working to show the electrical energy and if yes how am i going to connect it...Thanks