7.5A mini breaker for fuse hole

electronis whiz

Joined Jul 29, 2010
I have a 7.5 Amp variac, right now uses a fuse holder. I have a 5A breaker that may work, but i'd like to do it right and just get a 7.5A breaker and be done. I kind of searched online not seeing a lot that meets the criteria.

Criteria: small think like breaker on a power strip, some sort of round button either snaps in the existing fuse holder hole, or uses nuts. (I can make whole bigger if needed.) Reasonably cheap I saw some that for some reason cost like $50. I was thinking more like $5-10 range a thermal based breaker is fine with me.

Any ideas of place to look for this, or a specific make, model,series I should look at or search for?

Thanks

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I'm sorry about that but it is hard for me to go through the mountain of hits looking for something that will meet your requirements when those requirements are a bit vague. You have to admit that a "fuse hole" is not a very precise description.

electronis whiz

Joined Jul 29, 2010
A few of those would probably work. Can also buy a lot of fuses for like $15-20.

Maybe just better off getting a handful of fuses to have on hand for it. Seems to use a sort of odd fuse size which I only have a couple of. It's just a tube fuse holder with screw cap, many I have are either too little too long or way small. I expect go to hardware store can probably find something that matches. If not replace the holder with something that takes more common similar rating fuse.

electronis whiz

Joined Jul 29, 2010
I just thought to check mouser suitable part is like $25. Looks to be an AGC fuse that it takes. I found a pack of like 25 on amazon for $5. I expect would be years using that up.

I had no idea those breakers were so much. I have some old ones from UPS, etc I thought MMM $5 maybe $10.