65 Riviera Clamshell headlight actuator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forcedfed

Joined Aug 10, 2013
I have a 65 Buick Riviera with the clamshell headlight doors and I replaced the headlight motor with an actuator. I'm trying to get the actuator to open the clamshell headlights with the trigger of the headlight wire, and retract (close) when the lights are off.

This seems simple, and forgive me if this setup has been posted 100 times, I looked around before I posted!

Here is my problem.. I heard that I can accomplish this with a single DPDT relay.. I don't want a switch on the dash, I want it to work like it did from the dealership. I found some diagrams but my relay has posts that are numbered totally different than what I have seen. It appears to be a common relay.

I have an R14-11D10-12 DPDT relay, the actuator has internal limit switches that are set and work fine, it's a common 2 wire actuator. Wired one way it extends, reverse the wires and it retracts.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I am closing this thread as it violates AAC policy and/or safety issues.

Quote:
6. Restricted topics.

The following topics are regularly raised however are considered “off-topic” at all times and will results in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Automotive modifications
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Phone jammers
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies
This comes from our Tos:
Terms of Service
There will be enough sites where automotive questions can be discussed :
Member selected automotive forums

Bertus