5W power LED in series to 220V mains for aquarium, How can I do that ?

Ronald Saraswat

Joined Apr 2, 2015
If using 4 LEDs then with some V headroom of about 7 V, then power supply would be about 35 V. With 48V PS. 48V/ 7 is close, allow 6V head. & 6 LEDs pref. use constant current gen., now only 4 strings in parallel to give 24 LEDs.
Review post # 61. Cheap constabnt current buck regulatuos generall go up to 35 V input, but the Mean-Well LDD700 goes up to 56V @ 700mA.

Okie Dokie, ^_^ , you all so rock, !

Søren

Joined Sep 2, 2006
Also If I would like to use 4 LEDs in series then I would need like 48V DC ?
And can I attach like 10 LEDs in Parallel using this, into a 12v source only?
Do you read the answers you get at all???
I said:
You need one for every single LED run from 12..15V
If you get a 24..25VDC supply, you can use one for two serially connected LEDs, but don't go higher!
I know that it means a higher outlay, but then less chance of screwing up in a really hurtful way.
I based my advice on your apparent lack of apprehension of the stuff and the possible danger at higher voltages - no reason to work that hard to get your Darwin Award :)

Others may disagree, of course, but you seems to give a damn about well meant advice and answers you already got, so I don't see any reason to prolong this and thus I wish you good luck and good health on your journey.

Ronald Saraswat

Joined Apr 2, 2015
Do you read the answers you get at all???

I know that it means a higher outlay, but then less chance of screwing up in a really hurtful way.
I based my advice on your apparent lack of apprehension of the stuff and the possible danger at higher voltages - no reason to work that hard to get your Darwin Award :)

Others may disagree, of course, but you seems to give a damn about well meant advice and answers you already got, so I don't see any reason to prolong this and thus I wish you good luck and good health on your journey.
:D I sound like a real total noob, and so am I, I agree :D but really thanks for your help on the subject, now I do actually know a lot to start working on my project with :) Which I hardly did just two days back, Thanks ! I hope I would survive it :p