5v pulse to volt free contacts

gibzy.85

Joined Jun 1, 2016
Hi Guys,

I don't know if any of you able to give me advise but I have a problem and need help.

Basically I have a credit card machine the gives out a 5no. 5v pulse, all lasting 10ms with a 10ms gap in between each one, I some how need to make it then give 5no. volt free pulses which switch a 24v ac machine.

Is there an easy way of doing this, such as use a relay (or are the pulses to quick to energise the coil) or is there something special I need to buy to be able to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Matt

gibzy.85

Joined Jun 1, 2016
As I said the credit card machine gives out 5no. pulses at 5v but to activate the machine it needs 5no volt free contacts to be made.

Basically they have given us two cores off there machine controls that when touched together 5 times activates and starts the machine for a set period of time.

Hope this is of more help.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
As I said the credit card machine gives out 5no. pulses at 5v but to activate the machine it needs 5no volt free contacts to be made.

Basically they have given us two cores off there machine controls that when touched together 5 times activates and starts the machine for a set period of time.

Hope this is of more help.
Nope, not helpful. Repeating the same thing adds no clarity. Pedantically defining each piece of information however is helpful, as is avoiding any and all acronyms.

I have no idea what 5no means, or free contacts, nor what touching something called a core means.

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
I think that Dodgydave is on the right track. OP is saying the 24Vac machine requires 5 sequential closures of a "dry contact" switch. The credit card machine puts out five sequential 0-5V pulses. The question is, is there really 24VAC at the input of the 24Vac machine?

Then I could be completely wrong. ;)

Ken

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
"The credit card machine has a normally open output. It is closed and opened five times to supply 5v to the machine in order to activate it. "

Is this close?