5V Arduino UPS

The Chosen 0ne

Joined Apr 15, 2014
Or can I connect the power directly to the arduino from a power adapter and have a parallel connection going into it too, with the power from the battery? (of course going through a voltage booster)
Would this cause any problem?

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
I was wondering, if I do want to take the route of lithium, can I have a trickle charger connecting the battery and the power to the arduino in a parallel circuit, so, that the power can be distributed to the two different components and when the power is lost, the arduino can continue pulling current from the parallel connection to the battery. Would this a possible solution? ...
Yes, that's what I said in post #7.

You can run the arduino direct from the battery, you just need to remove and bypass it's internal 7805 regulator.

Trickle charging the battery is best done with a constant voltage circuit, and you can use a resistor to limit the worst case battery charge current. The constant voltage circuit means that the battery cannot be overcharged.
:)

lastRites

Joined Jul 9, 2011
Hi! I do not think you need to run the servos through a BJT/MOSFET. Just power the servos directly from the battery source, or a separate regulator (if your batteries are over 5V). Use the arduino to only send the pwm pulses.

If its a NANO, you do not need to remove anything from the board. Power it through the RAW pin.

The Chosen 0ne

Joined Apr 15, 2014
Alright guys, thanks a lot for your help. Gave he a good direction to follow :D Haha, I am still waiting for the items :p I will try to do all the things possible. And connecting the power to the RAW pin sounds like a good idea. And I will also program to turn off the servos when not in use.

lastRites

Joined Jul 9, 2011
RAW pin max voltage is 5V.. If you want to turn the servos on and off, you need NPN BJTs on the ground wire of the servos. Keep in mind that the position holding torque of the servos greatly diminish when you turn them off. :)

The Chosen 0ne

Joined Apr 15, 2014
RAW pin max voltage is 5V.. If you want to turn the servos on and off, you need NPN BJTs on the ground wire of the servos. Keep in mind that the position holding torque of the servos greatly diminish when you turn them off. :)
Are there any specific ways to connect the servos to the transistors? I am still quite new to using them.