555 Timer Help

BlackCow

Joined May 11, 2009
I'm trying to figure out a 555 circuit that, when the input goes low the output will not go high until lets say 30 seconds. The output then needs to stay high until the input goes high again. (fixed, sorry t_n_k)

Is this all possible around one 555 timer? This seems like it should be simple but I'm having issues trying to figure it out :(

Last edited:

BlackCow

Joined May 11, 2009
SO... (odd request man...)
input to low -> 30sec delay -> output to high
input to high -> output to low

well, you don't need an actual 555
Ahhh I guess I was going in the wrong direction with the 555 for a time delay circuit. I'm having a bit of trouble following your schematic but I guess you are using the OP amp to compare the charging voltage to the +5 volts to turn it on?

I think I can figure things out from here, thanks man.

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I'm trying to figure out a 555 circuit that, when the input goes low the output will not go high until lets say 30 seconds. Then input then needs to stay high until the input goes high again.

Is this all possible around one 555 timer? This seems like it should be simple but I'm having issues trying to figure it out :(
I think this does what you want:

Attachments

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I think this does what you want:
Pretty close to what I was thinking except leave off C2, and possibly R4 if it is being feed from a digital output. A 555 will stay high (inverted from the OPs request) while the input stays low after the monostable has timed out, which is why signal conditioners are usually part of the input. The monostable triggers on the negitive edge.

Bill's Index

The 555 Projects

555 Monostable

Last edited: