555 Time Delay Switch

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by FlamingSquirrel, Aug 13, 2012.

1. FlamingSquirrel

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Hi, I'm new to this forum and I'm fairly new to designing circuits and am only familiar with audio circuitry as I am aspiring to be a guitar amp tech. As such I was having trouble designing a delay circuit for an electric airsoft gun.

At the field where I play airsoft, snipers with bolt action rifles can have higher FPS limits. I have an electric gun that I want to put a delay circuit in to simulate
    the time it takes to cycle a bolt to allow me to use my semi automatic gun to run higher FPS. I'm fairly clueless as to how to start this project and what to use as a basis for the circuit. I was looking into 555 chips as a timer. My goal is to create a circuit that would break the circuit for about 2-10 seconds after the trigger is pulled. It would have to close the circuit for about 1-2 seconds to allow the motor/gears/piston to make 1 complete cycle. My gun uses an 7.4v lipo as a power supply to run the motor. Any help with my little project would be much appreciated, I'm open to any ideas or opinions:)