555(?) circuit to detect double pulse?

mbabayan

Joined Jul 12, 2010
Hello,

I'm trying to design a circuit that would produce an output pulse (.5-1 seconds) when double pulse on the input is detected with a time gap of <=.5 seconds.
It looks to me like something that could be done with 555s, but I don't have enough experience to produce it myself and google did not reveal anything :)
This is supposed to be a gadget that activates a garage opener on the double-tap of the "flash-to-pass" switch on the motorcycle. Devices like this are available commercially, but I'm not paying $100 or so when I can build it :)
Thank you very much in advance for suggestions.

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
You can use 4017 with 555 ic, set how many pulse you want to detect with the help of 4017, have a look of 4017 ic in Google. the reset pin should be used if you want 2 pulse then connect the reset pin to 4th output of decade counter (4017) and take output from 3rd serial output. the timing you want can be set by 555.

mbabayan

Joined Jul 12, 2010
Given that the pulse will be produced by closing a switch ( no pulse = 0v, pulse = 12v), and final output should follow the same logic, here are updated schematic and plot.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments