5050 RGB 12V Flashing Ribbon Strip Light Multicolour

mrchuck151

Joined Aug 20, 2010
I recently purchased 10 Flashing 18 LED RGB SMD strips. The strips came with one LED Driver (power source.) My goal is to build a circuit to power the additional strips. I've tried to buy extra LED drivers from the eBay seller, but they do not sell them separately. I will include a link to the strips below. How the circuit works currently. They're are four leads to the LED strip. One is common ground. The other three leads are for the different colors Red, Green, Blue. The sequence is not important for RGB. I would like a small circuit that will power a 3-LED strip, and 18LED strip. I have the working strip with LED driver if any info is needed I could provide some answers. Currently the Input voltage is approx 12vdc and output is approx 12vdc. Does anyone know of a circuit already built or does someone know where I could find a schematic? Thank you for your help!

http://cgi.ebay.com/18-LED-12V-Flas...85071586?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
Since they're random anyway why not just hook them all up in parallel? Or is it a "one at a time" random output?

If so, you'll need more than just the driver transistors, there would be an IC that generates the random pattern and driives the transistors.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
The driver is likely a constant current driver.

That will take an input voltage range usually 9-27v and output 12v @ 350mA for instance.

Do you want to be able to change the colors of the leds? or keep them full on white?

You may want a dimmable driver that allows you to independently control the Red, Green, and blue color in the strip.

So, knowing what you want to do is important for us giving you what you want. ;)