5 Ways to Harness Free Energy

Joined Nov 30, 2010
1) A chemical battery is not free energy.
2) Fantastic claims of producing more energy than you start with are not allowed on science based websites.

Amlan Panigrahi

Joined Jul 9, 2015
Thanks for your opinion...umm the thing is you can make the battery yourself...a solution of bleaching powder would do...ave you tried it? It's awesome!

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Any 2 metals connected by an ionic solution whose Ph is not 7 will make a battery. TS states he is in second year engineering school (Off Topic, Who are you?) and thinks this is awesome. I don't even know where Odisha is, but their college curriculum seems to be on par with 8 year old children in the rest of the world.

Amlan Panigrahi

Joined Jul 9, 2015
Any 2 metals connected by an ionic solution whose Ph is not 7 will make a battery. TS states he is in second year engineering school (Off Topic, Who are you?) and thinks this is awesome. I don't even know where Odisha is, but their college curriculum seems to be on par with 8 year old children in the rest of the world.
You claim that the energy generated from a chemical battery cannot be called as 'free'. Let me ask you something...do you think harnessing solar energy is feasible enough? Is is so cheap that you can afford the setup cost? And then what about its maintenance? The project that I worked on is very helpful for household purposes.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
You claim that the energy generated from a chemical battery cannot be called as 'free'. Let me ask you something...do you think harnessing solar energy is feasible enough? Is is so cheap that you can afford the setup cost? And then what about its maintenance? The project that I worked on is very helpful for household purposes.
Yes, harnessing solar energy is feasible. Harnessing solar energy really is harnessing "free" energy (from our perspective and time scale). Building a chemical battery is not. The battery is an energy container, not an energy source. like a jar, you use up the contents, you must replenish it. "Free" energy does not miraculously spew forth from it for years to come, just because you assembled it. The solar cell however, is an energy collector - it does as you say - harnesses "free" energy; that is, energy that was already present and otherwise being dissipated in other areas. The solar cell will continue to collect "waste" energy for years to come, just because you assembled it. You should try it. Maybe you could use this viable proven technology to charge your batteries, as they are apparently "very helpful for household purposes"

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
You make it sound like the bleaching powder is magically generating electricity. It is not. The oxidation of your aluminum and copper strips are making a battery. You will only get as much electricity out mas the metal you put in. Nice novelty for 8-year-olds but should not be considered as a solution to home energy needs.

Free energy claims are not made by people that are smarter than everyone else, they are made to attract people who are less educated (less educatable) than everyone else.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
It's like a lot of 555-based inverters but uses the CD4047 for the timing. Nice simple circuit. The source/sink capacity of the 4047 is only a couple mA though, so I don't think this inverter can achieve higher frequencies because of the "slow" turn-on and off times. Should be fine at 60Hz though.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
From the referenced site: Science is a miraculous thing (!?)
That's hilarious, since science is very much NOT about "miracles".

Add my voice to everyone else's: A chemical battery is not "free" any more than stealing a battery from Walmart doesn't give you a "free" battery.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
But stealing a battery does result in a free battery, at a cost to somebody else.

Humor aside, it seems that we are piling it on a bit. This young man has come across an interesting experiment and wants to share his enthusiasm. It might be far more productive to encourage and mentor him.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I think the more correct term for this would be to call it cheap home brew energy. Although a quick internet search for the materials suggests that going out and buying a pack of D batteries would be about the same cost and would have a lot less work and preparation time involved. :oops:

My take on free energy is most any naturally occurring energies are in fact free. Its the process of converting them into something useful that costs. ;)

Amlan Panigrahi

Joined Jul 9, 2015
even lemmon juice wil make a battery.
Yes, but lemon juice is a bit old school. You cannot power up even few basic things from a lemon based cell, as far as I am concerned. By the way. This Bleaching Cell is not entirely free but there are a lot of people who are not aware of this. Bringing this into their knowledge is not bad, I guess.