5 pin Transformer connection help

imraneesa

Joined Dec 18, 2014
I got this transformer from the circuit used to light the fluorescent tube. the circuit is not good and so i removed the transformer and the 882 transistor which is used to run the transformer. the diagram shows how it was connected. i dont know where to connect the 5th pin. and also dont know what type of transformer is this. somebody please put some light on this. so that i can use this transformer and transistor and light the tube. it was using 6v DC battery. i want to light the tube with two 3.7 lithium ion batteries. please help.

Attachments

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Assistance will require more info. It makes no sense to me that the secondary winding shows a DC resistance of only 4.2 Ohms:confused:

FYI CCFL transformers typically feature:

A primary winding: -- DC Res < 1 ohm
A Feed-back winding: DC Res < 500 milliOhm
A Secondary winding: DC Res between 200 Ohm and 1K Ohms

But your your Xfmr has only five leads...:confused:

Again, info as regards former application and an image of the transformer may help...

Best regards
HP

imraneesa

Joined Dec 18, 2014
Assistance will require more info. It makes no sense to me that the secondary winding shows a DC resistance of only 4.2 Ohms:confused:

FYI CCFL transformers typically feature:

A primary winding: -- DC Res < 1 ohm
A Feed-back winding: DC Res < 500 milliOhm
A Secondary winding: DC Res between 200 Ohm and 1K Ohms

But your your Xfmr has only five leads...:confused:

Again, info as regards former application and an image of the transformer may help...

Best regards
HP
Here is the picture of the transformer. yes the transformer have only 5 pins. and all the pins shows continuity.

Attachments

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
how to connect this autotransformer to light up fluorescent tube using one 882 transistor?
In general you would place the load across most of (or the entire) winding -- while applying drive to a small segment thereof--- howbeit I feel those resistance readings are 'goofy' for a transformer applied in a 'florescent inverter'...

Best regards
HP

Last edited: