5-floor elevator ...help plz!!

paul21

Joined Apr 18, 2010
Hi i am a student in democritius university of thrace . I have a project for writing the code in a plc of a 5-floor elevator and my teacher advised me to find the control circuit of the elevator and then write the code!...Can anyone plz send the diagram of the circuit (electrical) ???

Thank you very much

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
You probably have some experience riding an elevator. You could make up a flow chart that describes how an elevator works and go from that.

paul21

Joined Apr 18, 2010
My project is to find from the internet the control circuit of the elevator and then write the code for the plc .
I Know that i am gonna need :
2 terminal switches at the bottom kai top.
1 terminal switch at every floor .
1 switch for the alarm.
5 switches at each floor so i can call the elevator.
5 lamps at each floor showing where the elevator is.
and some other switches which i don't remember now .

But i have difficulties in drawing the control circuit!!!

Any information will be helpful...

paul21

Joined Apr 18, 2010
I have already read this article ..and it really helped me understand how an elevator works ! I still have difficulties in drawing the circuit diagram of the elevator ! Can anyone send the drawing??
Thanks

ps. I have found this article which contains the diagram ....but i can't understand it!!!

Just joined this site...

You probably already got your answer, but in case you didn't I'm an elevator tech.

Here are some basic circuits to come up with....

Safety circuit - To include Top and bottom limit switches, in car and hallway stop switch, governor overspeed (for traction elevators), buffer switches (buffers in the pit that the car rests on in case it runs below bottom floor level) , fire and independent service switches in the car and hallway. There is also a wall mounted stop switch in the pit for technician use while working in the pit. There used to be a hatch switch on some cars for when the ceiling hatch was opened but code requires the hatch to be bolted shut from the car top due to the elevator surfing fad.

In car floor button and hall button circuits of course

At each floor you have a switch to let the car know it is at the floor and to cancel the call buttons and you have leveling switches to bring the car to floor level at reduced speed.

Of course you have your power and motor control circuits as well.

Feel free to ask for any detail... just wanted to give some basic ideas.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
My project is to find from the internet the control circuit of the elevator and then write the code for the plc .
I am having trouble believing you.

If you assignment was to program the PIC, your teacher would have given you a circuit to use.

How would they know if the circuit you found online even worked? You could waste weeks programming for a incorrect schematic.

I have never heard of an EE teacher say, GO ONLINE AND FIND YOUR ANSWERS.

You have to build the whole thing. This is a STANDARD task in universities.

You are not just trying to get us to do your homework, ASK you teacher for the diagram, or a URL where the diagram is online, and we can help check your code.

Last edited: