5.1 audio parts/diy 2050a circuit/psu?

Sharpen047

Joined Apr 19, 2012
Hey guys i have a set of 5.1 speakers for my computer (creative inspire 5200s) that have a problem with the sub.
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with repairing them.
The sub "pops" when turned up, i figured it was the speaker, so i hooked up a large sub and it gets the same pop. The tested sub is known to be good because i use it all the time in my car(ohms matched original sub).
I have checked for blown caps but dont see anything the looks funny or blown. The amps are a tda8510j and atda7372a.

My other option is to make my own circuit, i have all of the things (minus the power supply) listed in the instructable here:
http://www.instructables.com/id/32W-Stereo-Audio-Amplifier/
I dont have a preamp because there are headphone jacks on the computer that i can get an eq for.
So i can make this circuit but dont understand the power supply.
I have a decent understanding of how power supplies work, i have regulators and DC-DC boost converters laying around. If i can make one i think i can manage the rest. any help would be great thanks!
EDIT:
Let me elaborate on the power supply..
my understanding of that guide says he used a 22v psu. then converted that to 12v with a 7812 regulator. Then connected the power to 22v then other positive to 12v, then third to ground? giving a +12 and -12?

Last edited: