4Bit CPU in Logisim

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by turtlebite, May 4, 2015.

1. turtlebite

Thread Starter New Member

May 4, 2015
  2. absf

Dec 29, 2010
    If your logisim supports all the chips in table 3 of page 5 of the pdf file. You can most probably simulate it on the simulator. you also need a way to program the TTL PROM 74S289 in your simualtor.

I checked with my proteus and found that 74LS181 was in the library (what a surprise) and probably it can be sim in proteus.

Allen

[edit] Oops sorry. 74S289 is TTL static RAM. It should be 28C17 that you need to find a way to program it.

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  3. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
  4. turtlebite

Thread Starter New Member

May 4, 2015
    Hi

Thanks for the replies! I need a simple circuit to study so I can program a simulation of it. Unfortunatly I'm more a programmer and not a circuit builder so I will loose too much time until I understand all the pieces and put it together in Logisim. Because I only have time until the end of August... So maybe I will try to build something simple from scratch in Logisim. Is here the place to get advise? Can I upload a .circ file for you to look at?

Thanks!

5. absf

Dec 29, 2010
    Looking at the PDF file again, I see that only a block diagram is attached.

There is no detailed schematic included for the computer. Where does the "clock" from 555 timer goes to? On the breadboard, there is a big chip called "CONTROL" and it was missing on the part list too. You have to study the document in more details before you start to simulate it.

Allen