4541 one shot timer schematic needed

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by dbostrom55423, May 12, 2011.

1. dbostrom55423

Thread Starter New Member

May 11, 2011
    Hi all--
    I am looking for a 4541 based one shot timer schematic. I would like to trip a 12 volt relay with it. The time delay would be anywhere from 1 to 5 minutes.
  2. Bernard

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 7, 2008
    Even if I had one . I'd go buy me a 555 as it will drive a relay & with much simpler ckt.
  3. KJ6EAD

Apr 30, 2011
  4. k7elp60

Nov 4, 2008
    Here is a schematic of a 4541 one shot. When the power is applied the circuit does not start timing until the switch is closed then the timing starts. With the values shown the timing is very close to 2 min. Pin 8 goes high and turns on the N channel mosfet. To start the timing again turn the switch off and then back on.
    I agree a 555 timer is much easier. I have a couple of the 4541 in my old stock, the circuit works has shown...now I now why I haven't used it before. It a pain in the neck
  5. engrdm

Feb 19, 2010
    its better to use 555 its going to be simpler smaller and cheap. for one shot 555 based circuit u can check the circuit here .. with explanation

and to set the required time u can use online and offline calculators available in thousands on the internet or use the design formulas, u can get some here