4510 and 4511 problem

Dritech

Joined Sep 21, 2011
Hi all,

I am using the 4510 counter and 4511 driver to display the clock cycles done in one second. For this reason, the counter has to be reset every one second and the 4511 enable pin has to be set at the end of every one second to display the cycles done in this time.

not the problem is that since the same 555 timer is used, the counter is being reset before the display shows the value. Hence, the display is always showing as '0'. How can i solve this problem please?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

lightingman

Joined Apr 19, 2007
You can do it with a 4047. it is a monostable. If you can check the data sheet, it will give you the config for many combinations.

You need to configure it for negative edge triger, non re-trigerable and select the R and C for a time of about 1 mS. Send the output of the 555 into the 4511 (that will latch the data into the display), then send the output (Q) of the 4047 to reset the counter.

This will latch the data 1mS before the counter is reset.

The 4047 can also be configured as a free running oscilator, and is a better choice than the old 555.

Good luck. If you get stuck, I will try and help further.

Dan.

Dritech

Joined Sep 21, 2011
Does the 4511 have a freeze/latch pin please? In the datasheet is it not mentioned, but in a thread I opened a few days ago someone told me that it does have.