434Mhz RF Remote Control Receiver picking up stray signals

devilfrmheaven

Joined Oct 28, 2009
Or do I need to select a momentary type data output and use a flip flop IC to control each of the data outputs individually???? Pretty much confused right now....

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
Or do I need to select a momentary type data output and use a flip flop IC to control each of the data outputs individually???? Pretty much confused right now....

I have a similar setup at home with the TWS rf modules with the HT12D and 648L, that I was playing around with before I switched over to the linx technologies RF modules.... I will dig it out and see what I can do to have a "real" latching outputs.....

meantime go here to read the difference between the 2 series of encoder/decoders... >>> http://www.holtek.com.tw/english/

devilfrmheaven

Joined Oct 28, 2009
Hi,

I have managed to make a brand new circuit for which can switch on a light on the press of a button in the remote and turn off the light in the next press... I managed to make a drawing... with a software [ExpressPCB] that I have never used before.... It might look Wierd to professionals like you guys.. but hope this will help you guys understand what I am looking for....

HT693 as a momentary pulse generator for the FlipFlop MC14027B.
D12 of HT693 is used to drive the QA of flipflop MC14027B and the uses UA741 and an LDR circuits for sensing the lighting condition and automatically turn on my parking lights..
D13 of HT693 is used to drive the QB of flipflop MC14027B.
D14 of HT693 is used to drive the starter motor or Horns..

Relay 1 - for my automatic parklights
Relay 2 - Other applications..
Relay 3 - Remote Starter or Horn....

Please let me know if my logic is correct

Regards,
Devil..

Last edited:

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
can you put up a schematic of the actual circuit?? The above is kind of hard to understand where everything connects since you have so many open runs... Use the schematic portion of express PCB, ExpressSCH. If you are going to use this in a vehicle, I would suggest using another medium for transmission other than the TWS modules, and I would use a uc (microcontroller for the receiving end to determine you have valid data being received...) the way you have things hooked up (as far as I can tell...) you are going to get a lot, I mean a lot of erronious signals turning things on or off..... I have tried the same thing with my truck alarm, anywhere there are high power radio systems such as police stations, firehouse's, etc. it will set things off.......

I ended up using Linx technologies 433Mhz TX/RX Modules >> http://www.linxtechnologies.com/Products/RF-Modules/LC-Series-Low-Cost-Transmitter-Modules/<<...

and you can even get prefabricated remote keyfobs to work with it....

http://www.linxtechnologies.com/Products/OEM-Products/Keyfob-Transmitter/

I use this 5 button 433 MHZ keyfob for mine >>> http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=OTX-433-HH-KF5-MS-ND

and used a Pic16F877A to interface to the rest of the truck, (Door locks, running lights, siren, etc....)

My system is much more stable, and no interference problems, not like what I got with the TWS modules....

My .02

Jack_K

Joined May 13, 2009
It looks like you have the In and Out labels swapped on the 7805 regulator. Of course, that's only a labeling issue (I assume).

Jack

devilfrmheaven

Joined Oct 28, 2009
Bmorse,

I think linxtechnologies wont work for me .. I searched the net for a store that sell these components in our country ... but I could not find one.. THe digitkey wont ship these ICs to India :(

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
Bmorse,

I think linxtechnologies wont work for me .. I searched the net for a store that sell these components in our country ... but I could not find one.. THe digitkey wont ship these ICs to India :(

well, if your circuit design is working well for you, just stick with that, maybe just elaborate on the design later on to add other functions.....

My .02