434 Mhz module troubleshooting

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by pawankumar, Jan 21, 2011.

1. pawankumar

Thread Starter Member

Oct 28, 2009
  2. pawankumar

Thread Starter Member

Oct 28, 2009
  3. pawankumar

Thread Starter Member

Oct 28, 2009
    please help me out friends,I am desperate..

4. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    Where are the photos of your circuit board as you have constructed it?

If you are trying to build it on a breadboard/protoboard, it will not work properly. There is far too much parasitic capacitance and inductance.

At that frequency, proper construction techniques are very important. So is bypassing of power rails. Your antenna needs to be the proper length, or you will have a large amount of power reflected into the transmitter instead of being radiated.

You need to provide details of your construction; board layout, exact parts used, etc.

5. pawankumar

Thread Starter Member

Oct 28, 2009
    thanks SgtWookie,
    I don't have a camera to snap them.anyway,I can describe them exactly..
    http://tinyurl.com/pawan-rf
    this is exactly the same kind of module i use.
    as you have said,I have used 3 breadboards.one for the encoder,one for the decoder and one for the rf transmitter-receiver pair.I measured voltages across the prescribed points.they are perfect.but i measured the voltage in the antenna pin.it shows 0v(does it show normally?)and i even connected the antenna wires of the tx and rx modules ..nothing yet.I suppose the modules are damaged during transit.(i had to drive in a bumpy road yet with adequate protection to the chips..)

6. K7GUH

Jan 28, 2011
    Unless you have an RF probe which works at 430 MHz, or a multimeter which works at that frequency, 0 volts is what you get.