42"plasma tv pcb

byer1moor

Joined Jun 2, 2012
one of the parts has blown on my pcb but i dont know what the part is called and i can't upload a picture of it so i will try and describe it
it looks like a roll of copper with yellow tape around it there are three of them on the board, i wish i could upload a picture but dont know how

Tealc

Joined Jun 30, 2011
You can attach an image to your post, or upload an image to a image hoster such as Imageshack or Photobucket and use the tags to post it.

Any markings on this component?

Tealc

Joined Jun 30, 2011
Click on Post Reply. When the page comes up you'll find a little paperclip icon on the top row of the Message box that allows you to upload a file from your computer.

Also if you go to an image hoster such as Imageshack you need to create an account there and it'll be the same idea.

It's quite straightforward really.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Start with the model # of the TV and check with Samsung. They will be most likely to know where to get transformers.
However, it is fairly rare that a transformer smokes. There might be other problems.

byer1moor

Joined Jun 2, 2012
thank's for your help ,the tv was fine,i went out the room and when i returned the tv had turned itself off,i changed the fuse in the plug and when i turned it back on it made a bang and started smoking, i took the back off and the only dammage i could see was the transformer melted at the side

sheldons

Joined Oct 26, 2011
that panel is repairable ,i have done quite a few of that model,depending on the failure(s)its usually after repair advisable to check the condition of the z and y sustain pcbs and drivers.....it will be expensive if you replace the pcb(they are available)without replacing a faulty y sus or z sus pcb and associated driver pcbs (depending on what has failed).....