400w TDA2030A OR 200WTDA2030

Status
Not open for further replies.

donpetru

Joined Nov 14, 2008
@mostafa_gordy, first of all, what is the power output you want to achieve? Do you have any particular target in this respect?

Secondly, how you actually realize assemblies or wiring is totally unkempt. Here you should still work. It can be better. Then, PCB made ​​in Proteus is disastrous. Should be rethought.

And finally, why do you use the TDA2030? You want mandatory to build an audio amplifier with TDA2030 ?

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
I cropped your schematic because its parts were too far apart which made it HUGE.
Your amplifier has no part number so I assume it is a TDA2030A.

The output power of this circuit is fairly low.

You duplicated some power supply filter capacitors.

The output impedance of the amplifier is much less than the resistance of a fuse so it damps resonances of the speaker. The fuse should be in the power supply.

Attachments

mostafa_gordy

Joined Feb 28, 2012
at any audio inter AMP (PC =OFF , AMP=ON)little buzz is exist
my power need =maximum power by single TDA2030A WITHOUT any transistors in circuit :mad::mad::mad:
Mr.Audioguru : please write frame of "power output AMP CLASS AB" again.
please see again PNG file attached and answer question
;)

Attachments

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
at any audio inter AMP (PC =OFF , AMP=ON)little buzz is exist
Translation to English please. Any audio amplifier output produces a buzz when its signal source is turned off if its input cable is not a shielded audio cable. Ordinary input wires pickup mains hum.

my power need =maximum power by single TDA2030A WITHOUT any transistors in circuit :mad::mad::mad:
Mr.Audioguru : please write frame of "power output AMP CLASS AB" again.
please see again PNG file attached and answer question;)
Your schematic shows the same 12W low power amplifier shown in the datasheet. If it has a TDA2030A that has a maximum allowed supply of plus and minus 22V then its output is a higher power that is not shown on the datasheet because the IC gets too hot.

mostafa_gordy

Joined Feb 28, 2012
I used coaxial 75 ohm shielded for audio signal inter but this wire near mains power cable of psu of my pc !!
hum not always hear only at touch audio conector so not important .
I will poste mobile phone clip of my AMP in work state for view tomorrow.

questions again:
what is best value for marked items in above attached png file . I use this AMP FOR a personal computer - DVD PLAYER for driveing a coaxial 4 ohm 35w SPEAKER (music and regular use )
APOLOGY I do not reason of do not use fuse series speaker ??(decrease power )

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
I used coaxial 75 ohm shielded for audio signal inter but this wire near mains power cable of psu of my pc !!
75 ohm cable is big, stiff and is made for TV. We use small and flexible shielded audio cable.

what is best value for marked items in above attached png file? I use this AMP FOR a personal computer - DVD PLAYER for driving a coaxial 4 ohm 35w SPEAKER (music and regular use)
We do not know the output level from your computer so you should adjust the gain so the amplifier can produce its maximum output.

I do not reason of do not use fuse series speaker ??(decrease power )
The output impedance of a modern amplifier is extremely low so it can damp resonances of a speaker. An undamped low frequency resonance sounds "boomy", a high frequency resonance sounds bad.

Hifi amplifiers have a "damping factor " spec. An amplifier with a damping factor of 500 into a 4 ohm speaker has an output impedance of (4/500=) 0.008 ohms. A fuse might be 2 ohms and it ruins the good damping factor. The resistance of a series fuse also affects the frequency response of a speaker since the impedance of the speaker is different at different frequencies.
A fuse is not used in series with a speaker, instead it is in the power supply.

mostafa_gordy

Joined Feb 28, 2012
Hello ...
attached circuit is true ?
what is highest Voltage use for maximum power output of this bridge TDA2030A
(-+14.5v AC is possible )
if connect a 4ohm coaxial S:Dpeaker to this bridge TDA2030A and use a large heatsink for TWO ic = circuit is work fine??

Attachments

Last edited:

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
The datasheet for the TDA2030A shows your bridged circuit except:
1) Its load is 8 ohms, not 4 ohms.
2) Its supply is plus and minus 16VDC.
Because your 4 ohm speaker draws too much current.

In your first post in this thread you showed a bridged amplifier that has additional output transistors and a 4 ohm load. The article is written in a foreign language that we cannot read. The amplifier "might" produce 200W into 4 ohms.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
The circuit you posted is in the datasheet for the TDA21030A. It has an 8 ohm load, not 6 ohms. Its supply is only plus and minus 16V to prevent the ICs from getting too hot.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Can I series a 2ohm resistor with 6ohm Speaker because made 8ohm Speaker ?
(for Bridge Tda2030a in datasheet of tda2030a)
The bridged TDA2030A amplifier produces 34W (without any detailed spec's) into 8 ohms with a 32V supply.
If you use a 6 ohm speaker and add a 2 ohm resistor in series then the power in the speaker is 25.5W at a few frequencies.
The series resistor will ruin the damping provided by the extremely low output impedance of the amplifier so a speaker will sound "boomy" (like a bongo drum)at its resonant frequency. The series resistor will also affect the frequency response.

mostafa_gordy

Joined Feb 28, 2012
stupendous ; marvelous .....
frist
I want to make streeo Split Supply High Power Amplifier (TDA2030A + TIP36B/2N3055)
but AMP is not working true . transformer of psu is hot quick,sound output is very bad
second
i remove components of 1 chanal+two pairs Transistor and maked "tda2030a Amplifier with Spilt Power Supply" similar to ST datasheet feed by-+17vDC
IC was not hot and power and sound quality good for driving a 50w 6ohm speaker(woofer+tweeter)
third
for increase power i revision second circuit and make "Bridge TDA2030A 34w in 8Ohm"(attached png )
but TWO tda IC is hot(series two 4 ohm speaker), power of AMP is similar to second not increase (seem) ???
what is reason ?

Attachments

Last edited:

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
When the power transformer and ICs get hot but the amplifier is not playing and also when playing the sound is distorted then the amplifier is probably oscillating at a high frequency. An oscilloscope will show it.
Wrong layout of the pcb can cause oscillation.

A single TDA2030A with a 34V supply can provide about 16W to your 6 ohm load.
Two TDA2030 ICs in a bridge and a 34V supply can provide about 36W into an 8 ohm load.

If you double the power into a speaker then the loudness is only a little more. 10 times the power sounds twice as loud. So 36W is only a little louder than 16W.

mostafa_gordy

Joined Feb 28, 2012
When the power transformer and ICs get hot but the amplifier is not playing and also when playing the sound is distorted then the amplifier is probably oscillating at a high frequency.
IC's and transformer not hot (zero) in not playing state.what percent %oscillation can hoting IC's.
beforehand add second IC , distoration is egregious at 70% volume . I change 680ohm R2 to 2.2k ,10uf C13 to 100uf for decrease Gain In Bridge .(thrid attached file )
this changes is reason of weaker sound quality of bridge 36w compare to single 18w state ?
what is role of R14 , R7 in bridge state ?(thrid attached file)

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.