4 Point Probe

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Junie2606, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Junie2606

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Hi,

Currently I'm a Student and it's my first time using a Curve tracer/ Source measurement on a IC chip.

I would need to perform a 4 point probe testing on each lead of the IC chip. The criteria is to force current and measure the voltage. Is there anyone who can guide me on the procedure for this criteria? I would need the connection of the probe to the chip on 4 point probe and the setting on the equipment in order to force current and measure voltage.

Following are the equipement that i will be using

Keithley 2606A
    Agilent B1500A
    Tektronix 370A

Sorry for the poor command on english, hope someone could help me on my problem.

Thanks alot!

2. windoze killa

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 23, 2006
    Are you trying to say you need to measure pins on the one IC at the same time?

3. Junie2606

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 26, 2010
    ya. i need to perform 4 point probe testing on 1 pin of an IC at the same time. Force current and measure the voltage. is it possible to do that?

4. windoze killa

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 23, 2006
    It seems like you can. Do a Google search "4 point probe measurement". It maybe a little harder than you describe but should be possible.

5. someonesdad

Jul 7, 2009
    It's not clear to me what your goal is. "4 point probe" is casually used to mean two different things. First, it's a standard semiconductor house tool used to measure things like sheet resistivity. Second, it can be interpreted to mean a "4 terminal resistance measurement", also known as a Kelvin connection. Neither of these requires a curve tracer. They both involve hooking up a constant current power supply and measuring a voltage drop.

Why don't you state your assignment verbatim so we can give better advice?