3m Textool library

jaypines

Joined Oct 30, 2010
Hi,
New to the forum and after a day lurking learned so many things new.
I had a search on the forums but to no avail. Do someone here has the eagle library for the 3m textool? Did saw "jpanhalt"s textool soic to dip adapter and intended to pm him but i have limited access to such forum features. Anybody help?

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I used/designed a package without a schematic, as one wasn't needed for that project. Somehow, I thought the link would include the file, but it doesn't. Maybe Halloween has something to do with that. Anyway, I have attached a zip file with 1Anhalt.lbr in it. In that file (within Eagle) you will find the Textool_8.pac file.

If you put that into Eagle, you can open it in the library editor and using the same grid with copy and paste change the number of pins, etc. that you need. You should note that in the component library from Eagle there is a 3M library with Textool devices, including some for burn-in. Be cautious, the pinouts are different from the ones for the devices used in my project. A link to the correct pinouts for the burn-in devices is given in the project.

Please do not use, copy, or distribute any of the other devices in my personal library. All are copyrighted by me. Some were designed with wrong pinouts to accommodate mirroring when designing mixed SMD and through-hole boards.

John

View attachment 24085