3D TV suggestion

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Alexandra Khilova, May 11, 2016.

1. Alexandra Khilova

Thread Starter New Member

May 11, 2016
    Hello, guys. I'm a fresh here and going to buy my first 3D TV. Can you help me? After dozens of reviews, can't make a decision what to choose. What can you say? Does anybody here have it? Share your experience, please, or recommend a good model. Or can I show you a review and ask for a piece of advice, please?Thanks in advance!

2. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    Have you decided which display technology and what size you want?

The type of content you expect watch and your viewing distance from the screen can also be factors.

3. mcgyvr

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 15, 2009
  4. SLK001

Nov 29, 2011
    +1 for what mcgyvr said. 3D is dead... It was only a fad when it came out. I recently sold a 47" LG 3D TV with glasses that were NEVER used. Look for a SMART TV instead. As large as you can afford.

5. crutschow

Expert

Mar 14, 2008
    I would look at OLED, if you can afford it. It apparently has the best picture.
    As noted, it would appear that 3D TV is dead. There's very little 3D content out there.

6. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    The latest thing of course is 4K. We'll see how far that goes.

The big thing was the move from SD to HD. Once you've made that transition, everything else is a hard sell to an average viewer. Is 4K better? Of course it is, but is it worth paying any premium for? Most folks would rather spend a few dollars to get a screen a few inches larger than to build a 4K system.

7. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
  8. nsaspook

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 27, 2009
    3D makes my head hurt so it's never been high on my list of must have technology.
    I am looking at upgrading my Home Theater front projection system to a 4K wider screen from the current 1080P 8 foot wide screen setup. The current picture is great at the 12 foot viewing distance but I've seen what the new JVC 4K units under 4 grand can do so the wallets is burning. The main problem is I also need a short throw unit to get that wow Wow WOW big picture in the current configuration.