3d pdf

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I was looking around for datasheets and other stuff and stumbled into this PDF of a part that is 3D. You can spin it around and do all kinds of neat things. I gotta figure out how to do this because this would be a great addition for datasheets and proposals.

Attachments

myle00

Joined Sep 18, 2010
I have seen those 3d pdfs on tyco electronics website. Many of their components have 3d datasheets. It's really cool because you can really see how it will look. However, I suspect that like normal adobe acrobat, you must have a 3d image in some CAD software and only then can you get it into pdf. I.e. you cannot create a 3d pdf in adobe acrobat.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Yah I'm sure your gonna need some 3D software to add em, but think how great presentations will look with 3D imagines of the PCB with components, of the final product. Its gonna make explaining things to potential investors much easier and nicer. Plus if your trying to get a product funded this would give you a big advantage over everyone else and could even make people think your bigger then you are. I'm stoked about it. I can't wait to learn to make some of my ideas into one. I used to do a lot of hobby 3D modeling but this would be a great reason to get back into it again.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
This was done in Alibre CAD

Any program that does 3d can be used to source a 3d pdf document. Some programs have the option built in without using third party pdf creators.
Good stuff. Can't wait to learn more. Hopefully it will work with 3dsMax cause thats what I'm familiar with.