3 Terminal Transformer in voltage regulator.

Chetan22339

Joined Mar 14, 2015
Hi,
I was studying a voltage regulator circuit.
In that I found a small transformer of 3 terminals. So can anyone tell me about its use and function of terminals.

the terminals were connected to diode 1N4007, transistor,resistor in parallel with capacitor.
The circuit was also used to charge battery(1000mAh) and 1.1V.
The output voltage of circuit is 1.2V.
Thank You.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
You don't really expect us to visualize a circuit from a verbal description do you? A schematic diagram is essential. A voltage regulator is a DC circuit and transformers don't work on DC. Now if any part of that transformer is connected to the mains it is inherently UNSAFE, because it provides no isolation.

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
The blue color comes from a change from unobtanium to Angelonium as the base material. This changed some of the performance characteristics, more than can be accommodated by a Detail. The correct spec is MIL-STD-41/B

ak

PeterCoxSmith

Joined Feb 23, 2015
Hi,
I was studying a voltage regulator circuit.
In that I found a small transformer of 3 terminals. So can anyone tell me about its use and function of terminals.

the terminals were connected to diode 1N4007, transistor,resistor in parallel with capacitor.
The circuit was also used to charge battery(1000mAh) and 1.1V.
The output voltage of circuit is 1.2V.
Thank You.
sounds like an auto-transformer, they have a common terminal - they provide no isolation.