3 Phase Question

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Shahin, you have hijacked someone else's thread.
If you are an Engineer I'm surprised you raised that question.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Post Hijack really, you should have posted separately.

Is your 1phase derived from a 1ph transformer or from two phases of a the 3ph, or from one phase and the star point of the transformer?
Earth Grounding any one side of any of those supplies makes it a neutral by definition, except the star point derived version, which is neutral by definition, and is usually earthed in most countries.
Max.

shahin123

Joined Sep 3, 2013
I Have Three question all of my forum friends, Teacher, Engineer and others.
1) Without motor pole, Name plate how i can find out motor RPM.
2) Weight count Law.

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
Post Hijack really, you should have posted separately.

Is your 1phase derived from a 1ph transformer or from two phases of a the 3ph, or from one phase and the star point of the transformer?
Earth Grounding any one side of any of those supplies makes it a neutral by definition, except the star point derived version, which is neutral by definition, and is usually earthed in most countries.
Max.
The CEC doesn't agree. Neutrals don't exist in a 2 wire circuit. Although neutrals must be grounded if drawn out, this doesn't define it. Neutrals carry the imbalanced current in a multiple phase circuit, and yes, must be grounded if drawn out, otherwise they are bonded.

gnuuser

Joined Jan 17, 2013
most industry standard 3 phase motor rpm is usually 1725 to 1760 rpm.
split phase motors may have 6 leads in the pecker-head that may be connected in two different configurations for 120/240 volt.
while three phase motors will usually have a minimum of 9 leads which may be wired in different configurations for different uses
but other than that info you cant judge the horsepower by size without a name plate.:confused:

simply put if the motor does not have a name plate do not use it.:D

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Actually with three phase motors the electrical configurations and speeds can be all over the place.

I work around industrial three phase gear fairly often and I see three phase motors with 8, 6, 4 and 2 pole configurations all the time.

Lead count is similar. Multiples of three is about the only standard. I have 3, 6, 9, and 12 lead motors in my shop.

Same with voltages. I have 200 - 230/400 - 460 VAC motors. 230 VAC only and a few 460 only motors as well.

Also size has little consultancy with anything either. I have 3, 5, and 7.5 Hp motors that are all the exact same frame size too.

Now if you really want to get complicated I also have a number of stock three phase motors in the 5, 7.5 and 15 HP ranges that run on normal 240 VAC single phase at their full rated power capacity through special converter units I designed for them.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The CEC doesn't agree. Neutrals don't exist in a 2 wire circuit. Although neutrals must be grounded if drawn out, this doesn't define it. Neutrals carry the imbalanced current in a multiple phase circuit, and yes, must be grounded if drawn out, otherwise they are bonded.
I was indicating that in a two wire circuit there is no neutral unless one is earth grounded.
The star point in a 3 phase transformer is neutral grounded or not.
Max.

shahin123

Joined Sep 3, 2013
Excuse me i don't hijack any one post/ replay/ threat e.t c.
i want just answer. because already i face many problem in my project.
No body can help me here because i don't know.
i have lots of question?
1) Weight low in electrical/mechanical/civil engineering.
2) what is the relation between Ampere, Voltage,Power factor.
3) what is change over? why we use change over?
Thanks
Shahin

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Your questions are not in clear English, but whatever they mean I think you could find the answers yourself just by googling the relevant keywords and phrases.