3 phase alternator earth fault protection

SaravanaA

Joined Dec 30, 2015
hi ,
im work in automotive protection system ....i have need some idea about earth fault protection in 3 phase star connected alternator..i didn't have proper idea. please help me.

SaravanaA

Joined Dec 30, 2015
Hi bro,
Have any ideas about calculate the earth fault relay rating and current transformer rating (in balanced earth fault protection concept) for 230 v, 20 A ,3 phase star connected alternator. please help me bros.

Alternator\'s Balanced Earth-fault Protection.JPG

SaravanaA

Joined Dec 30, 2015
i'm a fresher in this field. i'm worked in automotive industry so tat only i'm asked.so i need to improve myself and want to learn more thing about technical

Joined Nov 30, 2010
We have two Threads running right now about Automotive Ground Faults, detection and measurement. What's up with that? Purely imaginary danger?

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I think someone's new word/term for the day was 'ground fault' and he feels it should apply to all forms of electrical systems not just AC based power systems despite the fact that vehicles in every practical sense do not have a electrical a layout anything like that of a common AC power system where a ground fault condition can occur due to the fact that in an AC system the live lines and common returns are isolated from the actual earth ground at all points except the primary feed panel.

That's my guess.:rolleyes:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Yeah. I'm having difficulty with why anyone would need ground fault protection for a system that is not grounded to the planet and is about 1/4th of the voltage where electrical codes start writing rules about shock protection for it.