3 different inputs to trigger one output

stillgrowingup

Joined Jul 15, 2015
You should limit the current into the transistor base for two reasons. 1) there is a limit to how much current a bipolar transistor can handle. 2) the logic device supplying the signal can only source or sink a limited current. Ultimately, not good for the coming or the going. 20 mA is normally about as much current as you should expect from a Microcontroller pin. Some are less, some are more. 20 mA is a good start.
I do have Resistors on the NPN bases. Isn't that limiting the current to the BASE? There is NO resistor on the PNP though. Should there be? These Input are coming from Transistors themselves. NOT full battery 12v and Ground.

I have also attached the finished schematic of this circuit I made in Altium Designer.

TONY

Attachments

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
Hi

Take a look at this circuit.

I use the BD139 to invert the output of the BD140. A ground at the input of the BD139 will energize the relay(s)
BD140 base current is set to drive 300mA.

Attachments

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
I do have Resistors on the NPN bases. Isn't that limiting the current to the BASE? There is NO resistor on the PNP though. Should there be? These Input are coming from Transistors themselves. NOT full battery 12v and Ground.

I have also attached the finished schematic of this circuit I made in Altium Designer.

TONY
Are you reversed the Vce?