2nd Order DC Switched Circuits

LuridHam

Joined Feb 19, 2013
Hello everyone. I must say that this seems like a very neat forum, and I'm glad to have found it. I'm an undergraduate electrical engineering student. I'm currently studying 2nd order dc switched circuits, and I have a question about an RCL circuit with a dependent current source. It's a fairly general question, so I'm not posting the circuit drawing; however, for future reference, if I were to post a figure, what's the best way to go about doing it? I've only used LTSPice to draw circuits. Anyways, back to the question. Should a dependent source be treated any differently? Basically the way that I go about solving this problem is to find the initial conditions, then solve for DCSS vc or il, and finally find and solve the linear diffeq relating the output to the input.

LuridHam

Joined Feb 19, 2013
Disregard the above question please. I seem to have found the answer to my question. On a side note, I am interested in learning how to solve these same types of circuits (2nd order dc switched) using laplace transforms. I've taken a course in differential equations that covered laplace transforms, but I've never applied them to circuits, and it hasn't been covered in any of my other courses. If someone could provide a brief explanation, or point me in the direction of a good reference, I would greatly appreciate it.