2n3055 with 16f877a

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
Instead of waiting for others to check the datasheet for you, it's time for you to check the 2N3055 datasheet to see how much Ib is needed. Are you using it as a switch or as an amplifier?

The PIC pin can source or sink 25mA Max. But I think 15mA should be quite safe.

Allen

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Instead of waiting for others to check the datasheet for you, it's time for you to check the 2N3055 datasheet to see how much Ib is needed. Are you using it as a switch or as an amplifier?

The PIC pin can source or sink 25mA Max. But I think 15mA should be quite safe.

Allen
Let us give the OP some slack here. He may be a beginner in the field, and self learned.
@varunme It is important that you fill in some missing details. Like what kind of load you want to drive. Also will you be able to use other transistors than the 2N3055. A schematic will also be helpful as always

varunme

Joined Sep 29, 2011
I am looking forward to drive unipolar stepper PIC ,
will be appreciated with a cheap mosfet (anyone can recommend a cheap mosfet) ?,
Stepper is 2A per channel.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
I am looking forward to drive unipolar stepper PIC ,
will be appreciated with a cheap mosfet (anyone can recommend a cheap mosfet) ?,
Stepper is 2A per channel.
Have you looked at some stepper motor driver ICs. Even if you can not get hold of such device. You can learn a lot from looking at the datasheets. What you need to build is in basic a H-bridge. And here will Google be your friend. I do not know what components you are able to get your hands on. It is better that you compile a list of components that you easy can purchase. Then the forum may be able to pick out the most suited