2m to HF Transverter

jomac

Joined Mar 1, 2009
I have looked for ages for a decent but simple VHF to HF transverter design that uses off the shelf components without any luck, i dont want to buy such a unit as finances dont allow that.

I want to build a transverter in stages and have to generate the LO frequency for each of the HF bands seperately before mixing.

Two questions i have are what is the best way of achieving 9 spot frequencies ranging from 116Mhz to 142.2Mhz (IF of 144Mhz)

And i favour the NE/SA612 as a mixer in the transvertor, what is its performance like with SSB

Any help and advice will be greatly welcomed.

John G8TDU

wr8y

Joined Sep 16, 2008
I thought you meant HF to 2m transverter!!!! I am building a ten meter (28mHZ) to 2 meter transverter from a Motorola Micor FM two-way radio:

http://www.repeater-builder.com/rbtip/micor-index.html

Of course, the audio/squelch and power control boards won't be used in this application. I have to admit I probably won't save much money over buying an Elecraft kit - but it's gonna be fun to tell people that I have a "Micor" transverter! :D

Good luck, you are taking on quite a project if you are going to try to make this work on 3 or 4 or 5 or more bands. Not saying you can't do it... and if you DO manage it - try writing an article for QST or QRX and tell us about it!!!