2m to HF Transverter

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by jomac, Mar 1, 2009.

1. jomac

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 1, 2009
    I have looked for ages for a decent but simple VHF to HF transverter design that uses off the shelf components without any luck, i dont want to buy such a unit as finances dont allow that.

I want to build a transverter in stages and have to generate the LO frequency for each of the HF bands seperately before mixing.

Two questions i have are what is the best way of achieving 9 spot frequencies ranging from 116Mhz to 142.2Mhz (IF of 144Mhz)

And i favour the NE/SA612 as a mixer in the transvertor, what is its performance like with SSB

Any help and advice will be greatly welcomed.

John G8TDU
  2. bertus

Apr 5, 2008
  3. wr8y

Sep 16, 2008
    I thought you meant HF to 2m transverter!!!! I am building a ten meter (28mHZ) to 2 meter transverter from a Motorola Micor FM two-way radio:

Of course, the audio/squelch and power control boards won't be used in this application. I have to admit I probably won't save much money over buying an Elecraft kit - but it's gonna be fun to tell people that I have a "Micor" transverter! :D

Good luck, you are taking on quite a project if you are going to try to make this work on 3 or 4 or 5 or more bands. Not saying you can't do it... and if you DO manage it - try writing an article for QST or QRX and tell us about it!!!