27mhz VCO Crystal?

CellectRepair

Joined Nov 6, 2012
I am in the wireless repair industry and I am having a heck of a hard time finding the Voltage control Oscillating crystals on these newer smartphones. I used to be able to find them with 27000 labeled on it with a 10x-20x microscope. Now I cannot discern this component from other IC's.

My objective is to heatswap broken crystals with those which are working to get the device to power up.

Just found this forum, it looks amazing. I will definitely be sticking around while I did deeper into electronics. Thanks in advance everyone.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Why does it have to be 27 MHz.? As you know, a PLL can use any frequency as a reference and generate any other frequency which is a rational function of the reference.

fiero128

Joined May 13, 2012
for this you need to raid old wrecks for 27 MHZ radio

I am in the wireless repair industry and I am having a heck of a hard time finding the Voltage control Oscillating crystals on these newer smartphones. I used to be able to find them with 27000 labeled on it with a 10x-20x microscope. Now I cannot discern this component from other IC's.

My objective is to heatswap broken crystals with those which are working to get the device to power up.

Just found this forum, it looks amazing. I will definitely be sticking around while I did deeper into electronics. Thanks in advance everyone.