24vdc electrocution!!

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
I met one early in my career, I oversaw the wiring of some old gas lit homes, one little old lady was concerned the electricity would leak out of the sockets overnight.
Max.
To one old gent, I described how I raided the council tip and got dozens of long florescent tubes - which I planted in a muddy field directly under the 400kV overhead lines, so they glowed eerily in the dark.

It seemed relatively easily to explain the difference between those sort of voltages and the domestic supply - which can't go anywhere unless you complete a circuit for it to flow around.

At the end of the day, I think he got it.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
To one old gent, I described how I raided the council tip and got dozens of long florescent tubes - which I planted in a muddy field directly under the 400kV overhead lines, so they glowed eerily in the dark.
You should have done the old fairground trick and held the florescent tubes up in each hand below the lines, he would have been even more impressed.:cool:
Max.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
You should have done the old fairground trick and held the florescent tubes up in each hand below the lines, he would have been even more impressed.:cool:
Max.
Me and my partner in crime had started off florescent tube jousting on bicycles - that's how we knew they glowed under the power lines.

The power lines cross over above the railway lines, so we set up some illuminated entertainment for the evening commuters.