24V DC Reg. PSU - Please help

SIS_ICT

Joined Sep 28, 2009
I want to find a product / build a circuit that does such thing:

I have an irregulated 24V DC output coming from a battery that have an impedance of +/-10%.

I would like to find a product / build a circuit that will keep that +24V regulated all the time. Also, the PSU must give an output of 5Amps.

P.S: This will be connected to a telecom equipment (antenna)

Therefore:

Input: +24V DC 5Amp --> Output: Regulated +24V DC 5Amp

Thanks for your help!!!

SIS_ICT

Joined Sep 28, 2009
Thanks for your suggestion on the buck-boost, but i don't know why, it look didn't convince me. Do you recomannd something better please?

SIS_ICT

Joined Sep 28, 2009
If I don't have a mistake, that equipment needs an input of 100-240VAC to operate not 24V DC or?

'24Vdc/6.5A. Manufactured by Cosel, PBA150F. This enclosed switching power supply is another winner from B.G. Micro. 100-240VAC input......'

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
My bad, I was thinking you need a power supply, missed the comment about batteries. The basic principle remains, a buck boost can up the voltage and regulate it. I've seen references to a National Semiconductor chip that I think would do it, but I don't have the part number handy.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Yes, you'd need a buck-boost DC-DC converter. Such things can be pretty efficient (as much as 93%) but they still consume some power.

Switching supplies also generate quite a bit of electrical noise. You'll have to filter the output very well to get rid of most of it.