24V AC to 18V DC Regulator Circuit

markparaiso

Joined Mar 7, 2009
plz help me.. i need a 24V AC to 18V DC Regulator Circuit.. i need it because i have a project of a conversion of energy.. i have a 24V DC motor to be run to have an output of AC.. i think it has a 24V AC output to be stored in a 12V Lead Acid battery.. but then the circuit needs a 18V DC output and it must be steady.. at least 800mA.. plz help me.. i have few days left.. plz help us.. plz send me the schematic diagram to...

Email removed by moderator - we like to have all questions answered in public so all can benefit.

Last edited by a moderator:

markparaiso

Joined Mar 7, 2009
im just a noob in this field.. what component do i need to attach a heat sink? is it the voltage regulator? and how do i connect it to the circuit.. as i understand ur reply.. from 24V Ac i will connect a bridge rectifier and then a capacitor.. and then the voltage regulator? how do i connect the 3 pins of regulator.. plz reply.. ty.. so much..

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
The heatsink goes on the regulator, 3 pins, and a metal tab on the back, there's a hole in the tab for a screw. On the 78xx series regulators, that is also ground, so make sure whatever you use for a heatsink doesn't short against other wires.

markparaiso

Joined Mar 7, 2009
is there any replacement in 78xx series? because i live here in philippines and theres no 78xx series available in alexan.com.ph.. is there any? plz help me..

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009

They list: Power Supply ICs

Ask what they have for a fixed positive voltage regulator, an adjustable one will work as well, but requires a few extra components.

--ETA,
Under "Kits", they have a few that would suit your needs:
Versa Power Supply w/ 0-14-28 3.5A 33/V3 (27)
0 to 25 Volts 1A Regulated Power Supply w/ 0-28 1.5A
15/V1 (27) 1.25 to 25 Volts Regulator Power Supply w/ 0-24V 3A
23 (27)